Sunday, August 28, 2011

Circo Minero

On Friday night, we attended a circus presented by the University of La Serena.  The university has been putting on this circus since 1951 and they claim to be the only university circus in the world.

Dave and I went with the boys while Emily had a girls night in with her friends from church who had a sleepover and watched Titanic.   I have to say that I have never been to a 1/2 ring circus.  The performers were very entertaining.  It didn't really matter that we couldn't understand everything.  Comedy from clowns and acrobatics are universal. 


They call this one the "Ecalara de Muerte" or the "Ladder of Death."   Sometimes the ladder would spin around and other times the performers did balancing tricks while the ladder was stationary.

The fire eaters were impressive.  Evan couldn't believe that people could actually do that.

BJ, Andrew, Jill and Evan at Circo Minero.

This guy was one of our favorite clowns.  He was kind enough to pose for a photo after the show.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

That is so fun! You guys are seeing some interesting things!