
After touring the fort at Coquimbo we took a hike up the hillside at the shore. Our boys love to climb! What a perfect setting for a little exploring.

BJ is such a crack up. He climbs to the top of this rock, throws his arms up and yells, "I'm the king of the world!" I know for a fact that he hasn't seen Titanic. Where he comes up with these things I just don't know.

The area we live in although it is coastal is really a deseret. We even studied that fact the other day in school with BJ. The map of the world showed that the coast of Chile is mostly desert. I guess that is why these cacti here seem to be doing so well.

Andrew found some more cacti sprouting between these rocks.

Hiking is so much more fun when you are doing it with little boys who find the world to be so fascinating. I need to try to have more of a zest for life like BJ and Evan do.

Higher and higher we go. Don't worry Pa, we were being really careful. Of course the higher you climb, the better view you have. Andrew loves to blaze the trail and get out in front of the group to be the first to see what is around the next corner.

BJ stops for a moment to get in touch with his personal "zen"...a total state of focus, a togetherness of both mind an body. BJ you are hilarious!

Andrew, BJ and Evan find a nice spot to watch the incoming waves crash against the rocks. Love that pose, Evan.

Thanks Emily for taking a picture of your mom and dad. Emily doesn't show up too often in this set of pictures because she found this expedition to be extremely boring and then she got poked by a cactus and then everyone was really mean to her. We love you anyways!
No comments:
Post a Comment