Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a nice Valentine's Day here at home in Chile.  I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I forgot to take a picture of the the chocolate mints I gave to Dave. I bought some fun paper for the kids so that they could make Valentines for eachother.
Yes, they are in their pajamas.  This is one of the benefits of homeschooling, I suppose.  I am not strict about whether they come to school dressed or not.  They have been hard workers this year and sometimes you just have to pick your battles, right?
BJ made this "love bug" for Evan.  It is a bag of rainbow marshmellows decorated in a design that he came up with all on his own.
I helped BJ make this heart pouch for the gum that he bought for Emily at the "sucker store" down the street.
Andrew made these fun valentines planes out of foam for his brothers and sister.
Another creative design from BJ
Evan made homemade valentines for everyone too.  He makes nice love notes like these for us all year long.  He has this creative side that he just has to get out sometimes.
Each child received a bag of one of their favorite candies.  These are sugar coated gummies that we just love.
Emily handed out these hearts with skittles.  This one was for Andrew.  It was a joke that he got the angry heart, although I don't think he thought it was that funny.
We send love to all our friends and family back at home.  We love you and miss you and are looking forward to seeing you in about 2 months.

No comments: