Every weekend Evan asks if we can go back to the feria de pulgas to see if there are any old coins he can buy for his collection. This time we were lucky to find this vendor that we hadn't seen before. He had quite the collection. Dave and Evan had a great time looking for coins for their collections. The whole time Evan was chattering away in Spanish. His Spanish skills have really blossomed in the past month. He was saying things like, "Mira Papa. Tenemos esta moneda pero no tenemos esta. Quiero comprarla!"
It is fun to see Evan so excited about his new hobby.
While we were waiting for Evan and Dave to finish, Emily was admiring this giant stuffed polar bear. I think secretly she was wishing that she could add it to her collection at home.
I had to laugh when I saw these sweaters for sale. It took me back to the days of elementary school when it was so popular to wear the Izod logo on your shirt. Yes, I am a child of the eighties and proud of it.
Can anyone tell me? Is this an authentic Izod logo?
These great hats also caught my eye. They remind me of my Grandpa Isaacson. He wore hats similiar to these. He was such a snappy dresser.
Evan made a great deal with this guy. He brought some of his "California" money to do some swapping with. He gave this man two nickels from the states and he received an old 5 peso from 1977. This was a great deal because he would've charged Evan 1000 pesos for that coin. Evan bought it for 10 cents and now this man can sell Evan's nickels for 1000 pesos each. Mind you that Evan negotiated this whole tranaction all in Spanish.
While Evan was bartering for his new "old" peso, I tried to sneek a picture of the treats that this man was selling. He saw me take the picture and said, "Sacarme una foto!" and posed for me.
You just gotta love his enthusiasm. He was selling olives, dried fruit like kiwi and peackes, and spiced nuts. I didn't buy any, but they sure looked good.
1 comment:
Evan so so funny and so cute! I remember last summer and his fascination with colored air soft gum BB's. He totally got Elsa hooked on those. I am glad you didn't buy anything from that guy selling stuff in the baggies. A bag of olives does nothing for me!!!:)
Post a Comment