Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Colors of Coquimbo

For a while now, I have wanted to capture the beauty of Coquimbo on film.  What I love about this city is the color.  The homes here cover the hillside and no two are the same.


So here is a collection of some of my favorite houses and colors of Coquimbo.























Purple is definitely a favorite color here for clothing and houses and whatever.  I just love this grandma and her purple sweater.  I was too embarrassed to take her picture from the front, but she sure is cute.














The people of Chile are generally warm and friendly.  We have found people to be wecoming and helful.  The average annual income here is $4,232.  According to Wikipdia, this region is a very popular travel destination. Visitors are mainly attracted to its long beaches, many of fine white sand, bathed by a calm sea, and the region’s pleasant climate.  Along with tourism, the province's main industries are agriculture and fishing.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love all those pictures! It is beautiful there! Things are not that colorful around here. We all have beige houses, EVERYONE!