Saturday, February 11, 2012

Date Night

Dave and I went back to the big feria down by the beach.  It will only be here for the summer months and we wanted to get another taste of the summer night life here in La Serena.  I almost bought a pair of these gigantic earrings, but I wasn't sure I was young or cool enough to pull it off.
It still amazes us how the crowds really don't start coming out until around 11PM.  The night life goes until around 1:30.  We didn't stay out that late, but have heard that this is when the shops close up for the night.
We bought ourselves a fun treat...a pinapple filled with diced fruit and topped with artisenal ice cream.  We had to have capao icecream again.  We also tried one with a berry that I can't remember the name now.  We took our icecream across the street to the beach to listen to the international jazz festival that was being held that night.  It was funny listening to "Johnny Be Good" on a beach in Chile.

No comments: