Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Parillada!

Dave and I had the chance to get out while we were in Mendoza and enjoy an Argentine Parillada which basically is a big meat fest.
The parillada that we went to also had a nice salad bar, but we really went there for the meat.
Here we have a nice sampler plate of different types of beef and pork.  The ribs were especially tastey.
A chef in the middle of the restaurant prepared a delicious pasta dish for us.
All you can eat meaty goodness.
They even provided live entertainment.  Everyone in the restaurant seemed to know all the songs and were singing along.
Desert: crepe filled with dulce de leche (caramel sauce)


This is a grill from another restaurant.  There were probably 4 on this same street just like this one.

This is the grill from our parillada.  Notice the lamb hanging from the rack on the right and the whole pig on the left.  I had the pleasure of watching our cook slice that pig up with a band saw.

This is the made to order pasta bar.  Super yummy!  After our dinner we got to run home in the rain.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Jil... I was impressed with all that food. You guys didn't let me down. Being the foodie that I am, I wished I could taste everything. Glad you guys were able to go out alone! Love the kids but honestly!