The (feria) farmer's market here is so great. We usually go on Saturdays and stock up for the week. This is one of our more recent hauls.
While Bill and Terrie have been here, they have helped do a lot of the shopping at the feria. Grandpa Bill knows how to pick the good stuff.
They have this gigantic gord that they sell at the market. If it were not for Dave's cook that makes lunch for the office every day, we might not know what this thing was used for. Often it is used it a soup with broth, a piece of meat, a boiled potato, and a wedge of this big squash. Dave says it tastes similar to a butternut.
Grandpa got the treat of trying the pickled olives and onions. They are quite tastey actually. The olives all have a different flavor. The brown ones are quite mild whereas the green ones have a more distict and stronger flavor.
The farmer's market is so beautiful with all it's variety and color.
1 comment:
I am super jealous of you "haul"! That is fabulous!!! You guys look like you are having such a great time. I am so glad daves parents could come to visit. Steve and I keep saying we wish we could visit too. I have been missing you a lot! Love you!!!
Post a Comment