Our last day in Valdivia. The cold winds and rains had set in that are so typical in the south of Chile this time of year. Evan and BJ enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate while watching "canal Disney" on the TV.
I enjoyed a breakfast of fresh baked bread and a homemade spread of crushed raspberries with a little sugar.
Later, BJ couldn't resist chasing the birds outside of our cabin.
We visited a fort in Neibla with this beautiful lighthouse.
During the period of Spanish rule (1552–1820), it was one of the biggest systems of fortification in the Americas.[1] It was also a major supply source for Spanish ships that crossed the Strait of Magellan.
Finally it was time for us to leave the south and head back to La Serena. On the side of the road, people were selling bunches of Chile's national flower, the copihue. I just had to stop for one.
1 comment:
Looks like such a fun trip! I love those flowers!
Post a Comment