Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boise Birthday

For my birthday, D surprised me by arranging a weekend getaway to a friend's cabin in Idaho.  He put together all the details and even arranged for three fabulous families to watch the kids for us to we could go.  He told me just in time so that I could pack.  Good thing I brought along a jacket...we got snowed on.  It was so much fun!

This little cabin was so cute.  It was a total time warp.  Everything inside was decorated in either orange, yellow or lime green.

Even the books and games were relics


We had no TV, no land line phone, no cell reception, and we kept ourselves warm with a wood burning stove and we liked it!

I celebrated my birthday a little early since I was having a "birthday weekend."


The snow was beautiful!  We thought what could be a better way to enjoy the snow than in a hot spring in the mountains!







Thanks to D's  friend for letting us borrow the cabin and our friends who were angels to watch the kids.  We had so much fun!



2 comments:

Godlonton Family Adventures said...

The QUIET must have been awesome! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Amy W said...

Wow... what a great hubby! Happy Birthday!