Dave had meetings during the week. Luckily there was a boat that took you to other cities on this gigantic lake. I took the boat one day to Malcesine. The sun was just coming over the mountain.
The castle looked very mysterious in the foggy morning light.
Docking at Malcesine.
The cobblestone was very different here. It was made from round pebbles of different colores to mark the paths.
The paths finally lead me to the castle.
But wait...hazelnut gelato before I visit the castle.
The castle at Malcesine was much more intact than the one we had visited in Arco.
A view of Malcesine from the castle walls.
More amazing frescoes at the castle.
Beautiful lake view from the castle.
See. I really am there by myself.
Sometimes the old and the new come together in Italy in beautiful ways.
The cobblestone made the city feel like a big maze.
It's OK to have two gelatos when you are by yourself exploring Italy, right? This one is flavored biscotti. Super yummy!
Good bye Malcesine. You are beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment