Our flight to Italy landed in Milan. From there we had a 2 1/2 hour drive to Lake Garda where we would be staying for Dave's business conference. On the drive there Dave fortuitously decided to pull over in Limone. I was so tired from traveling that I couldn't keep my eyes open in the car and was missing all the beauty. This stop in Limone was the jolt I needed. It couldn't have been more charming. I went back there later in the week while Dave was working. Some of the pictures are from my solo trip.
The above 3 pictures are the view of Limone from the boat. This last one shows why the town has it's name. It became famous for it's lemon groves shown here with the cement walls and pillars.
I made it my goal to eat gelato every day. One scoop is only 1.50 euros. Mango was delightful.
Grana Padano cheese samples. Yes, please.
The charm of Europe: small cobblstone streets flanked with beautiful old buildings.
We loved this personal garden we found nestled in the crackes and crevices of this steep staircase.
It was so fun just to wander and see what interesting things we could come across.
All of the street signs in limone are made from these hand painted ceramic tiles. The charm is killing me!
A view of Limone from the lemon groves.
Wooden trellises covering the lemon trees.
Hand painted ceramics for sale in Limone,
The majesty of the mountains with the city hugging the cliffs is truly breath taking.
Had to take this picture for my mom Lenda. I didn't bring her home a scarf though. You are welcome Dad.
Limone. You have my heart,
Never a loss for fresh water.
Gelato on steriods.
No comments:
Post a Comment