Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sisters

I have lived away from my immediate family since I have been married. Today I am missing my sisters. I am blessed to have two great younger sisters. The great thing about siblings is that they can turn into great friends in adulthood. We had so much fun together growing up. We played out in the yard from sun up to sun down it seemed some days. When we were inside, we made up all sorts of games or dressed up our littlest sister or sat in a line a did eachother's hair. The unlucky one at the end of the line ended up brushing the cat. I want to let my sisters know how much I love them.

"Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply..." ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814

3 comments:

The Hanson Family said...

I have always wanted a sister. I am so jealous of you and your experiences. Hoping Allie gets one someday. :)

Amy W said...

What a beautiful trio!

Jaime said...

Jill, that was so nice! I love you too. I just did a total "Debbie Downer" post on my blog before reading this post. It made me cry, you are so sweet. I miss having you close by too. Thanks for making me feel better!