We went hiking at Red Rock Canyon on the 4th. Unfortunately, it was about 100 degrees when we got there. It was beautiful but the kids took the opportunity to perfect their complaining skills during the hike. Which allowed Dave and I a chance to work on our patience as well.
One of our favorite things to do on Independence Day is to go to Tehachapi (hour drive from Bakersfield) to join in the small town festivities. And it doesn't hurt that it is usually at least 10 degrees cooler than at home. I'll take 88 over 102 any day. Here is the petting zoo that we admired the animals through the fence.
3 comments:
What a wonderful 4th! Sorry about the blaze, but I bet your kids loved seeing the firemen in action.
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It made me laugh about the complaining and the patience. We have been there. The things we do for our kids.....
I never got to visit Tehachapi when we lived there- looks like fun. I am glad my children aren't the only ones to work on perfecting their whining skills :)
Post a Comment