The first Heaston Family Reunion was held outside of Utah this year. We all got together in Yellowstone National Park and had a fabulous time together. Here are Mom and Dad waiting for Old Faithful to go off.
On the other side of me wait Steve and Jaime. Can you belive all the people waiting there with us. I don't remember that many people when we used to come here when I was a kid.
BJ was so excited to see the geysers. He always loves to have his picture taken.
Grandpa made such a good tour guide.
Evan, is it hot out here? It is definitely hot in that pool.
I got lots of baby niece time on this trip. It makes my heart happy.
All of my dad's sons-in-law take after his love for photography. It means that we have very well documented family events and I couldn't be happier about that.
Wildlife! Marmot sunning himself on a rock.
Lower falls...absolutely spectacular.
Buffalo! Thank goodness for zoom lenses, right?
Uncle Dave brought some of his painted lady hatching jars from scout camp. The butterflies came out on the night we had hamburgers.
It shall hence forth be known as the night of butterflies and burgers.
The Heaston's will admit to being noncampers. I mean who doesn't love a nice soak in the hot tub after a long day of hiking. These kids spent a couple of hours in the tubs each night. Good times!
These pictures are a little out of order. Blogger and I have to pick our battles. But here we are!
I am already forgetting which basin this is. They were all so beautiful.
Great story. We all sat and waited for Grand Geyser to go off for the longest time. We finally gave up and moved on. A couple of us got a slower start moving on and after about 15 minutes heard the oohhs and aahhs from the crowd back at the geyser. Thanks to modern technology, we were able to call everyone back so that they made it in time to see this amazing thing erupt.
My super cool little sister and her fab family in front of Grand Geyser.
BJ and Prismatic Spring
One of my favorite attractions, the fountain paint pots.
Like I said, out of order...Mom and Dad ran back in time to see Grand Geyser.
This funny little geyser attacked just as we were walking by. We nearly jumped off the board walk.
The gang waiting again for Old Faithful.
More wildlife. Nice buck, right?
These two were inseperable. They each bought bear stuffed animals and had hours of fun playing with them.
The bigger boys played card games till late into the night.
We all enjoyed the disc of old family pictures that my dad put together for us.
The family!
Thanks Mom and Dad for organizing such a wonderful trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment