This week it has been over 100 degrees and the forcast calls for more triple digit temps. through the weekend. We are at the end of September, come on! While the heat blazes on, I am craving chili and chicken pot pie and rummaging through my sweaters looking at them longingly. When my little guy asked me if we could bake cookies, I jumped at the chance. That is what air conditioners are for aren't they? These are the peanut blossoms that my mom used to make for me when I was little. I bet you all have the recipe, but in case you don't:
Cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Add one unbeaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Sift together 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a separate bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Shape into balls.
Roll balls in sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with Herseys kisses.
Bake 2 minutes more.
Enjoy and may you be in a place in the world that is not as hot as mine.
1 comment:
Yum! Those look delicious! Great idea! We are triple digits up here too!
Post a Comment